Deadline has passed
• The first author/presenting author of accepted abstracts MUST be an SABI Member. Membership Fees for In-Training Members are waived. In-Training Members are residents & fellows in a recognized training program. Join SABI!
• Abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission program. No fax copies, disk, or e-mail submissions will be accepted.
• Scientific abstracts are to be constructed according to the guidelines set in the abstract submission system. Abstracts will be selected for presentation on the basis of scientific merit. Include additional information describing the importance of the presented work and relationship to previously presented or published material. Scientific abstracts can be accepted for oral presentation, power poster presentation (i.e., a 2-minute oral synopsis) or traditional hardcopy poster presentation.
• Presenting authors must be within 10 years of fellowship
• Abstracts must be received by May 10, 2022 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time. The system will close after that time and no further edits will be possible.
• To have a broader representation of institutions at the Scientific Session, we have limited the maximum number of abstracts that may be presented by a single institution at the scientific session. However, there is no restriction on the number of abstracts that may be submitted.
• Changes to selected abstracts, including abstract titles, abstract text, as well as additions or deletions of author names, will not be permitted after the author's confirmation of invitation.
• Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the first author to present their work if the abstract is accepted.
• Presenters are responsible for their travel, hotel, and miscellaneous expenses. All presenting authors must be registered to attend the meeting.
• All invited abstract presenters must register to attend the meeting by August 1, 2022, 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
• Due to the limited amount of time slots available at the Scientific Session, those who are not selected for oral presentation may be invited to present their work as a poster or as an oral power poster (see below). Authors will be asked to indicate their preference when completing the abstract submission form - Oral only, Oral or Poster, or Poster only.
• The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
• All submissions must be HIPAA-compliant. Patient confidentiality must be protected. No names, hospital ID numbers or any other identifying information can appear in the presentation.
Scientific Oral Presentations
Authors of the selected abstracts will present in a live session format. 6 minutes oral presentation followed by 3 minutes for Q&A. A PowerPoint presentation in support of the oral presentation is required and must be uploaded to staff by a deadline date given after presentation acceptance.
Among abstracts selected for the main scientific session following awards can be presented: Hounsfield award for best CT presentation, Lauterbur award for best MRI presentation, Resoundant Innovation Award for most innovative oral presentation, Young Investigator Award for best oral presentation by a medical student, resident, or fellow and Moncada Award for best oral presentation for a contrast media-related topic.
2021 Update: Abstracts submitted by the Junior faculty within 10 years of training completion will now be considered for presentation at the scientific session and will be considered for awards (as compared to the previous limit of 7 years).
Submit Your Abstract
An educational oral presentation: A select number of educational posters will be chosen. Presentations include a 2. minute oral presentation in the plenary session, followed by a time allotted to answer questions during the following poster Q&A session.
Submit Your Abstract
Educational and Scientific Exhibits (Posters)Posters will be available for meeting attendees to view on the meeting app the week before and during the meeting. Poster authors will be invited to a poster Q&A session following the Three Pearls session. Authors will be assigned to stations and may bring laptops, tablets, or other small visuals to help discuss their work. Please bring a charged laptop for this session. Read more.
Hounsfield Award – Best CT oral presentation in the main scientific session.
Lauterbur Award – Best MR oral presentation in the main scientific session.
Resoundant Innovation Award – Most innovative oral presentation not receiving the Hounsfield or Lauterbur in the main scientific session; must relate to technology or contrast.
Young Investigator Award – Best oral presentation by a medical student, resident, or fellow, not receiving the Hounsfield or Lauterbur in the main scientific session.
Moncada Award – Best oral presentation for a contrast media-related topic, not receiving the Hounsfield or Lauterbur in the main scientific session.
Magna Cum Laude Poster Award – Top three educational posters, presented at Three pearls session.
Cum Laude Poster Award – Top three educational or scientific posters.
More science! Award – for best oral presentation at Sunday scientific session
Even more science! Award – for best oral presentation at Tuesday scientific session
1. When first entering the Abstract Site, click on " Don't have an Account?" to build your profile
2. The abstract site, is not part of SABI.org. Do not use the login option on this website when trying to log on to the abstract site
3. Each paragraph text box has a word maximum of 100.
4. The submitter does not have to be the presenting author. Though an abstract can not be complete without assigning and creating a presenting author profile.
Note: If your abstract is chosen, the presenting author and title of your case can not be changed once you confirm acceptance of your presentation
5. The contact information provided on the submission site for the presenting author will be the primary contact person.
6. In the Abstract submission site, 100 words will be available to describe the purpose, methods used, results and discussion of the abstract.